As a student I know how tight money is rent day but there is no reason for you to starve in order to keep a roof over your head, when you can eat healthily for less than the price of 2 Jagerbombs.
- Buy your ingredients in bulk, this means that you can freeze any extras for another day without them going off.
- You will need:
- 1X Bag of frozen peppers
- Pre-prepared stir fry pork
- Large packet of egg noodles
- Jar/sachet of sauce of your choice
- 1x saucepan
- 1x frying pan
- Firstly, put a drop of sunflower oil into your frying pan, add a handful of the pork and continuously stir. Meanwhile add one portion of noodles to your saucepan with 250ml of water, when water boils turn down the heat and allow simmering.
- When the meat is no longer pink add a handful of peppers and continue stirring until meat has browned and peppers are no longer frozen. This should only take 5 mins. Add sauce to the pan stirring on a slightly lower heat to avoid it sticking to your pan.
- By now your noodles should be ready to be drained, use a collindar or if you don’t have one drain the water with a pan lid. Add noodles to the meat and stir in until fully mixed. If you want to experiment with herbs or spices add them now.
- Carefully pour onto a plate and enjoy your meal, put all left over meant and frozen veg into either the freezer/fridge and enjoy throughout the week as a substitute to your usual weekly Chinese. Alternatively cook a big batch and store in tubs so you don’t have to cook.